The Water Regulatory Body was created and operates based on law no. 8102, dated 28.03.1996, amended. The powers, procedures and standards under which ERRU operates derive from this law:
A number of other laws of the Republic of Albania have an impact on the exercise of ERRU's functions, such as the Law on Consumer Protection, the Law on the Functioning of Collegial Bodies of State Administration and Public Entities, etc. These can be found at the following links:
- Law no. 9902, dated 17.04.2008, "On Consumer Protection", amended
- Law no. 9131, dated 08.09.2003 "On the Rules of Ethics in Public Administration"
- Law no. 8480, dated 27.05.1999 "On the Functioning of Collegial Bodies of State Administration and Public Entities"
- Law no. 11/2012 "On the integrated management of water resources"
- Law no. 44/2015 "Code of Administrative Procedures of the Republic of Albania"
- Law no. 139/2015 "On Local Self-Government"
- Law no. 119/2014 "On the right to information"
- Law no. 126/2020, dated 15.10.2020, "On Metrology"
- Law no. 9584, dated 17.07.2006, "On salaries, rewards and structures of independent institutions and other constitutional institutions", amended